Sunday, May 24, 2026
NPA Website
HomePolitics“We will not sit unconcern for the DCE to collapse the party...

“We will not sit unconcern for the DCE to collapse the party for us” — Fanteakwa North NDC executives

Executives of the ruling National Democratic Congress (NDC) in the Fanteakwa North Constituency of the Eastern Region have accused the District Chief Executive, Abubakar Osman, of sidelining the party and neglecting grassroots structures in the constituency.

At a press conference held on Monday, May 19, 2026, the constituency executives expressed dissatisfaction with what they described as the DCE’s consistent disregard for party hierarchy and grassroots members.

According to the executives, the DCE has also failed to participate in social activities within the constituency, including funerals, weddings and outdoorings, a situation they believe is gradually affecting the popularity of the party in the area.

“Our DCE again does not attend social events like funerals, weddings, outdoorings etc. All these are gradually making the party unpopular in the constituency and we will not sit unconcern for the DCE to collapse the party for us,” they stated.

Addressing the media, the Fanteakwa North Constituency Communication Officer, Mohammed Awal, supported by Constituency Chairman Daniel Amoafo Mayele and other executives, acknowledged that several development projects are ongoing in the district without the involvement of constituency executives, making it difficult for the party to communicate government achievements to residents.

They cited the government’s 24-hour economy market project, which they claim had already been handed over to a contractor without any briefing to constituency executives.

The executives further criticised the DCE for allegedly failing to embark on a familiarisation tour since his appointment nearly a year ago by President John Dramani Mahama.

According to them, many grassroots supporters do not know the DCE, while repeated concerns raised by party members have gone unanswered.

They also expressed concern over the District Road Improvement Programme (DRIP) machines, which they alleged had been parked at the District Assembly premises while roads in the area continue to deteriorate.

The executives are therefore calling on President Mahama to intervene and caution the DCE before, according to them, the situation negatively affects the fortunes of the party in the constituency.

DCE Responds

Responding to the allegations, Abubakar Osman dismissed claims that he was neglecting party structures, insisting that he consistently engages constituency executives and updates them on district activities through the party’s communication WhatsApp platform.

According to him, “every major decision and activity is communicated to party leadership.”

The DCE highlighted some of the support he has provided to party members, including awarding a 16-unit classroom block project to party-affiliated persons and distributing boxes of rice to about 1,161 branch executives during Christmas through constituency executives.

Fanteakwa North District Chief Executive Abubakar Osman

He admitted there were political differences during the DCE selection process because some executives openly supported another candidate, but stressed the need for unity.

“Even though you supported someone and that person did not get the position, we are still one and can still work together,” he stated.

On claims that DRIP machines had been abandoned, the DCE explained that the equipment inherited from the previous administration required servicing.

He said the district is currently facing financial difficulties due to low Internally Generated Funds (IGF) following the split of Fanteakwa into two districts, adding that letters had already been sent to contractors responsible for servicing the equipment.

In the meantime, he said the district had collaborated with the Highways Department to reshape some deplorable roads.

Touching on the 24-hour economy market project, the DCE explained that the original site provided by traditional authorities failed to meet technical requirements.

According to him, a consultant appointed by the state declared the area unsuitable because of network connectivity and zoning concerns, leading to the selection of a new site after consultations with stakeholders and market women.

Source: Ghana/Starrfm.com.gh

RELATED ARTICLES

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

- Advertisment -
NPA Website

Most Popular

Recent Comments